Monday, November 13, 2017

Hola (Week 43)

      Another good week in the books here in Mexico! Well, so this week was changes and they opened 2 areas in my District, so now there are a lot of missionaries that I get to talk to, its great! Wednesday we had our District meeting and the assistants came. It was good! This week we have had a lot of success finding people and found a couple of families. We found one family who I really think and hope that they will progress. Gerardo (dad) and his 2 sons Sergio and Mario. Gerardo said he is willing to do anything to help his kids. Mario is kinda lost in drugs but wants to change his life. They were really interested in the Book of Mormon so that’s a good sign! We haven’t had a baptism here in Chilpa so I have been wondering what I can do better or differently, I think this change we will have a couple! But if anyone has advice or some tips, throw them my way!

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
Showing off his new mask!
      This week I have been really focused on goals. Goals are SO important to set so that we can have a vision of where we want to be and what we want to achieve. We have to have a vision of where we want to go in this life or we will just go where life takes us, and who knows where that will be. In Preach My Gospel there’s a quote by Elder Ballard “I am so thoroughly convinced that if we don’t set goals in our life and learn how to master the techniques of living to reach our goals, we can reach a ripe old age and look back on our life only to see that we reached but a small part of our full potential. When one learns to master the principles of setting a goal, he will then be able to make a great difference in the results he attains in his life.” I, like Elder Ballard, am also very convinced that we must have goals so that we can push ourselves to achieve not only what we want, but also what the Lord wants. Elder Ballard also has an amazing talk on goals called “Return and Receive” I definitely recommend it! I invite all of you to look at your life and find what you want to achieve and who you want to become and set goals to help you on your way. We are only here on the earth for a little time, so we might as well make the most of it and get to work! I love you all so much! Have a great week!

Con Amor, Elder Herman


The District

Elder Hernandez and Elder Herman

Good Food!


No comments:

Post a Comment