Sunday, January 29, 2017

First Week at Provo MTC (Week 2)

¡Hola amigos! Well I am doing great! The MTC is awesome. I love it here so much! My district is so awesome, I love being with them! Our district leader is Elder Clarke and he's hilarious! He's one of those people that I laugh at everything he says so that's not good sometimes. My companion is Elder Gill, he is from Chandler Arizona and he's serving in Bolivia Cochabamba he's pretty cool so it hasn't been too bad having someone there with me all the time! Learning Spanish is frustrating but it's coming along really well! I've learned so much it's crazy! We have already taught 3 lessons all in Spanish so that's cool! The spirit that is there when we teach is unreal, I love it so much and the gift of tongues is real, I can already see that! I love learning about the gospel everyday and just getting lost in it! My testimony has grown so much. I'm so grateful for the opportunity to serve our Heavenly Father! Being surrounded by people with the same goal as me is so great! We all have a common goal and we are helping each other achieve it! The spirit is so strong here with so many amazing people with such strong testimonies of the gospel! Teaching lessons has helped me so much because I can apply what I teach to myself and apply it to my daily life just like I'm asking our investigator to do. As we learn more and talk more about the gospel and the atonement and all the good stuff it just reminds me and shows me how powerful this gospel is. I'm seeing perspectives that I haven't seen before and I love it. Thinking about the atonement and how Jesus Christ went through so much for us so we could atone for our sins and make covenants so we can return to live at home with our Heavenly Father again just makes me so happy! I want everyone to just ponder about that and truly think about how amazing that is! This life is hard but we can do it and with the help of our loving Heavenly Father it can be a lot easier! This gospel is amazing and there is nothing I'd rather be doing right now than serving the Lord! I love it and I love you guys! I don't even know what else to say, so much has happened and I can't remember half of it! Last week seems like it was 2 years ago! But I'd love to hear from you guys so email me! And packages are gladly accepted:) Oh and I saw Sister Raymond! I see here like every dinner so that's great. I love Jace! The first day I was here I was thinking about her and really wanted to see her so I said a prayer that I would see her and the next corner I turned I was walking a little and heard "Elder Herman" lo and behold it was Sister Raymond! So that was awesome, the power of pray is real! She looks really happy and would love to hear from everyone as well! Hit her up at jace.raymond@myldsmail.net! ​

Sister Jace Raymond with Elder Jake Herman
He looks happy!!


Elder Gill and Elder Herman

At the Provo Temple

No comments:

Post a Comment