Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Cambios! (Week 30)

      This week we contacted a lot of future investigators, so that’s good, cause we kinda ran out of investigators. haha So we contacted a bunch and now have a lot of new appointments this week. But nothing too exciting going on here in Huehuetoca. But I am being transferred to Chilpa! It’s going to be more city life and my comp told me it’s dangerous, so hopefully I will have some cool stories! My new companion has a little less time than me in the mission and has been in the area for 4 days because of emergency transfers, so we will pretty much open the area. I am really excited! This change with Elder Ortiz has been kinda tough, but I have learned a lot and am really motivated to be better this transfer!


Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      This week for my studies I have been studying one chapter of scripture everyday and I have learned so much! One of those chapters that I love is Mark 10. This chapter is full of doctrine! But I love the story of the rich boy who asked Jesus “Good master what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?” and he responded “thou knowest the commandments”. Then the boy says he has kept all of them since his youth and Jesus says “One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come take up the cross, and follow me.” The Lord is always asking us to make sacrifices and it is hard. Sometimes we may do what this boy did and “go away grieved”. My favorite part about this story is the Lord has made this promise with us too. If sacrifice is a part of our lives “thou shalt have treasure in heaven”. Our treasure on earth seems really nice but can you imagine the treasure that is waiting for you in the heavens? I think the treasure up there will be better and last a lot longer! All we have to do is sacrifice temporal treasures so we can have eternal treasure. I’m pretty sure that’s a fair trade. Let us take up our crosses and follow our Savior Jesus Christ. I know that we will all be blessed more than we can imagine! I love you all so much, thank you for all the support!
                
Con Amor, Elder Herman 




Elder Herman's adopted dog, Jimmy, she's a girl.  Haha.
It's hard to say goodbye.



No comments:

Post a Comment