Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Temple! (Week 28)


Elder Herman at the Mexico City Temple
      WE MADE IT TO THE TEMPLE! The temple is without a doubt my favorite place in the world! We didn’t go in 'cause we had investigators, but the visitors center was amazing! We got there and there were some sister missionaries that took us on a tour and taught our investigators. It was so amazing. We went to the famous statue of Jesus Christ and there was an audio and man it was so powerful looking at the statue and listening to Jesus Christ talking to you. Not gonna lie, I cried a little bit. But ya, wow! It was so amazing! The spirit there is so strong and I know our investigators felt it too and they are excited for baptism! Also we got a family to do baptisms for the dead for the first time! And with one of our converts, Dany! She was baptized about a month ago and she had a real good experience in the temple! Her mom, Daniela that got baptized 2 weeks ago, could have gone and done baptism too, I don’t really know how that works, but she didn’t 'cause she had her baby with her, so she hung out with us.

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      This week I just want to rant to you all about how great the restored Church of Jesus Christ is! There is not one doubt in my mind that this is the only true church in the world. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God and saw God the Father and Jesus the Son. Through the restoration we have the fullness of the gospel and the authority and priesthood keys of God. The church is so incredibly amazing I can’t express it enough! I love living the gospel every day. I can testify to everyone that the gospel is happiness! I like being happy, therefore I love the gospel 'cause it brings me so much happiness! I want everyone to try to get as much of the gospel in your lives as possible. The verse in 1 Nephi 8 verse 12 explains exactly how I am feeling. “And as I partook of the fruit (the gospel) thereof it filled my soul with exceedingly great joy; wherefore, I began to be desirous that my family should partake of it also; for I knew that it was desirable above all other fruit.” I along with many others have partaken of the fruit and I can promise anyone that if you truly live the gospel and make the gospel a part of your daily lives, you will be so happy! Everyone wants to be happy and there is a way! Study your scriptures and be in constant conversation with our Heavenly Father. As you partake of the fruit you will be filled with exceedingly great joy! I would also like everyone to take advantage of having temples so close to you and just go to the temple grounds and feel the spirt that is there! I love the gospel so much! I love being a missionary and I love all of you! I hope you have a great gospel filled week!

Con Mucho Amor, Elder Herman 



Elder Ortiz and Elder Herman


No comments:

Post a Comment