Saturday, March 18, 2017

I'm Here So Imma Be Happy (Week 2 in Mexico, Week 8 Overall)

                Well since we have not had water a lot lately I decided I am going to be high maintenance and make myself happy. So since the water in the bucket for our showers is freezing I have been putting water in the microwave and boiling water so I can have warm showers haha. I am adjusting to this new change a lot better now! And I am starting to enjoy it more. I am trying to look at all the positives and count all my many blessings because I truly am so blessed! I am still struggling to understand what people are saying most of the time and I am sure that is not going to change anytime real soon, but ya never know! I am progressing though and that is what matters!
                We did some service as a district for this family and they wanted us to do some yard work pretty much. Let's say their yard was a mess haha, really long grass everywhere and garbage and ya stuff like that. Also there were some trees that they didn’t want so we cut them down..with machetesJ ya this was pretty dang fun just whacking at trees, but the blisters after were no Bueno. They were well worth it though because I got to practice my baseball swing a little and that is always a good time!
                Alrighty spiritual thought of the week! I just want to talk on how grateful I am to know of this Gospel. Last week was rough not gonna lie but I learned that when I am having those rough times I need to imagine that my Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ is right next to me because He is! He knows how I am feeling all the time because He has felt my pains. This helped me a ton. It gave me hope and motivation that I can do this. I can do anything with the help of my Lord! I am also learning a lot of patience. We all have hard times in our life but we have to be patient and wait for the storm to pass. Alma 17:11 says "And the Lord said unto them also: Go forth among the Lamanites thy brethren, and establish my word; yet ye shall be patient in long-suffering and afflictions, that ye may show forth good examples unto them in me, and I will make an instrument of thee in my hands unto the salvation of many souls.” We need to be patient in our long-sufferings because it takes time to make instruments. We must go through the work to be successful! No pain no gain.

                Love Elder Herman

Elder Herman and other missionaries serving by doing yard work.
As an added perk, swinging a machete is similar to swinging a baseball bat!


Elder Herman had this shirt made for his mom!  He knew she'd wear it and love it!!
Love my missionary!!

No comments:

Post a Comment