Monday, March 20, 2017

Time is Flying, Almost (Week 3 in Mexico, Week 9 Overall)

Elder Herman & Elder Marquez
          Well folks it almost feels like time is flying! This week nothing much happened. We had interchanges with our Zone Leaders for a day and it was great! I learned so much and I have applied a lot of it during this week. So this was perfect cause I wanted to talk to more people and have more success in our area and this Elder has 13 baptismal dates in his area so it was a great time to learn! He talked to so many people, I was so pumped. So during this week I have talked to so many more people and I love it! We only have 3 investigators right now but I am hoping we get a lot more this week. We had a baptismal date for a girl but her mom won’t let her cause her boyfriend is a member and she thinks that is the only reason why she wants to get baptized. So we have to wait on her. We have another baptismal date for this week but the girl is pregnant and could have the baby any day so we have to wait on that too. Darn! Then an interesting one is Jose. We have taught him 3 times and the difficulty with him is it is hard for him to change his beliefs and all. He says he doesn’t feel anything when he reads the Book of Mormon or prays. Well.. He hasn’t read in the Book of Mormon or prayed if our words are true or not. So that’s frustrating but this last time his daughters listened too and asked a ton of questions that we answered pretty well so I hope this continues!
               
          My Spanish is getting better everyday. Sometimes I still have no Idea what is happening but it’s all good! It’s the worst when someone is talking forever about something not Gospel related and I have no idea what is going on and it is so hard to pay attention! Haha it’s funny cause when we are in situations when the Spirit is there I can understand pretty much everything. It’s awesome!
               
          Spiritual Thought Of The Week
Well Brothers and Sisters. It’s true. When we have challenges and are suffering and turn to the Lord for help he will help us. First couple weeks in the mission are hard but every day is better than the last. I have grown so much in just 3 weeks here in Mexico. I have put all my faith in the Lord and he has helped me so much in return! In church yesterday we talked about prayer and as ya’ll may know I love prayer! Whenever life gets hard say a prayer. The feeling I get is so comforting and helps me with any problem I have! God knows everything, he is just waiting for us to go to him for help. I am so grateful for this gospel in my life and my opportunity to be a missionary and serve the Lord for 2 years! I only have 22 months left! I am so excited to learn more everyday and grow closer to my Savior through my trials that I have to come! I love you all! 
Zone Conference with President & Sister Urrea and missionaries.
McDonald's in Mexico!
                      Love, Elder Herman 

No comments:

Post a Comment