Sunday, June 25, 2017

Wow! What an Amazing Week! (Week 22)

Picture of the baptism Elder Herman talked about.  A member in
Mexico sent it to me (his mom) Saturday night, June 24, 2017.
     This week was amazing folks! This is the Lords work! I saw that more this week than any other week. First off we ran probably a little less than a mile in 4 minutes to get home on time! Theres the first miracle! And then I have truly seen the Lord prepare his people. This week we went to a baptism for the Elders of Huehuetoca. It was really good, but the best part was that a member brought her friends! So we had 2 investigators there and then we went over to their house later to teach them and the girl told us “Quiero bautizarme” (I want to be baptized). I think that’s one of the best things I’ve ever heard! I have already seen a change in her. It is so amazing! 2 weeks ago in our lessons she would just be on her phone the whole time and not listen, but now she is so interested and excited to be baptized. So we are baptizing her this week cause she already has gone to church enough times! Then we had a lesson Saturday night for a family that is getting baptized this Saturday also! Except we realized on Thursday that we haven’t taught the Word of Wisdom or Law of Chastity. So we were a little scared they’d have problems with these and have to wait to be baptized. But we taught the lesson and it went so well! They understood it all and promised to not drink any more coffee and to keep these commandments! I didn’t expect that at all but the Lord has prepared them! It is so amazing seeing the change in these people when they make the decision to be baptized. Next week is going to be a very good week!

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      Alright this week I want to talk about Missionary Work. This is the work of the Lord without one doubt in my mind! There is no way two 19 year old boys could come to Mexico, learn another language, and convert people into this church without the Lords help. This is also a testament that this is the true restored church of Jesus Christ. We are all sons and daughters of God and he wants us to be happy. So he gave us the gospel of Jesus Christ. God wants his children to be members of La Iglesia De Jesucristo De Los Santos De Los Ultimos Dias. He is preparing people everyday and this work isn’t only for missionaries with name tags. I hope no one takes advantage of being a member of the Church of Jesus Christ and that you share this gospel to others. Even if you’re in Utah where “everyone's a member” you can be a missionary to less actives, actives and just about everyone! Everyone needs the messages. Study the basics in the gospel and you will be reminded of how blessed you are to know this gospel. Go watch a Restoration video. Study the Plan of Salvation that God has prepared for us. And remember to have faith, repent, remember your baptismal covenants, remember to listen to the Holy Ghost, and to endure to the end! Every one of these simple missionary lessons we teach are so powerful! And every one of them are so important. I promise that this gospel is pure everlasting happiness. It is the answer to everything in any situation! I can’t express how much I love this gospel. It has helped me in every moment of my life and is helping me more than ever here on my mission. I love you all so much! Sigan adelante!

Con Amor, Elder Herman



No comments:

Post a Comment