Tuesday, June 6, 2017

The Church Is True (Week 20)

Elder Herman & Elder Wegner
      This week was good. Man time is flying though! We had 5 investigators at church yesterday so that was great! We were expecting more, but we will get them next week! We also keep finding a lot of people that are interested so the work is going great! We taught a woman how to pray this week. She had never prayed before and she is somewhere around 60 years old. We asked her to say the closing prayer and it was great, and she really liked it! Also I talked to a guy that believes in death.. They are called Santo Muertos. Everyone here believes in Saints, like virgins and stuff, but these guys believe in death cause after we die we are going to be skeletons. So I asked if he believes in eternal life and he said ya. So they just focus on the body part of death, I guess? I don’t know, the dude couldn’t even explain to me what they believe in. He believes in Jesus and God but doesn’t believe the Bible, so we asked him how he knows Jesus is real and he said cause we are here. He couldn’t answer half of our questions about his own religion but he still didn’t want to learn more about Jesus. This world is so lost.

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      On this week's special of “Spiritual Thought Of The Week by Elder Herman”, we are gonna take a little look at some scriptures in the Bible and Book of Mormon! Wahoo! First off in the Bible John 10:16 “And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice: and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd”. Hmm, who are the other sheep that Jesus is talking about? Boom 3 Nephi 15:21 “And verily I say unto you, that ye are they of whom I said: Other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold and one shepherd.” The Book of Mormon is true! I hope you guys had the chance to read and pray about the Book of Mormon this week! As you do you will have a greater desire to learn more and will grow close to our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! This church is SO true! The Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ and if we read it everyday we can have more of him in our lives! We will have the spirit with us to comfort us and guide us everyday! I love being a missionary! Thank you all for your support, I love you all!
               
Love, Elder Herman

Must be a typical day on the road in Mexico.

No comments:

Post a Comment