Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Life is so Good (Week 19)



Elder Herman & Elder Wegner showing some good old
patriotism in Mexico on Memorial Day!
     Well this week was full of adventures! So we had cambios (transfers) on Tuesday and now I am with Elder Wegner! Funny thing is, lol, after I got my call I went on to Twitter and searched my mission to see if anyone else was leaving soon and I found Elder Wegner! I sent him a dm and now 9 months later we are comps! He is from Arizona and played football and soccer in high school and we are getting along really well! Also we have a 3rd comp, Jimmy! He is a dog from the streets and he always follows us everywhere! When we go to a lesson he sits outside and waits for us and then when we get home he sleeps outside and then in the morning comes with us again. haha It’s awesome. I freaking love him! Our area is Cincoc 2 in Atotonilco! I love the area! Also our house is way nice and the members have already helped us a ton! We set 3 new baptismal dates this week and found 8 new investigators! I’m real pumped to be here and really happy!  : ) One funny story, haha, so we went to our food appointment and the Hermana gave us some Little Caesers Pizza and we went to a park to eat it. We tried sitting down to eat but Jimmy kept trying to eat it, so we went up on this little ghetto slide and ate haha we were in this little street and all the Mexicans were looking at us and laughing lol two white guys eating pizza on top of a slide. Also we have been jamming to some good hymns and singing a lot, haha. I freaking love it! We are having a good time. Also, I would love it if someone sang some hymns and sent them to us! Also, because I am new, people have been asking how much time I have in the mission and when I say 4 months they are amazed by my Spanish, and some have asked if I was almost done! God has helped me with the language, don de lenguas is real!
 
Spiritual Thought Of The Week
                
     This week we had a pretty cool experience with an investigator Manuel. After our lesson we invited him to pray and asked if we could kneel. We didn’t talk about the Book of Mormon too much and they all said they already know the book is true. But I felt like I should ask him to pray to know if the book is true. He acted a little surprised because he had said he already knew it was true. He told me “I already know it’s true” I told him it doesn’t matter he can do it as many times as he wants. So in his prayer he asked to know the truth and if the Book of Mormon was true. At the end of his prayer he struggled to close his prayer, but after he did he looked amazed. He said he felt something and was holding his heart. He said he felt something so strong it almost hurt, haha, so we asked if it was good and he said yes and we all know exactly what he felt. We told him it’s the Holy Ghost, testifying of the truth. Family and friends, the Book Of Mormon is so powerful! And when you combine your reading with prayer you will find the truth. You will find answers to your prayers and feel of the love that our Heavenly Father has for you. There is power in the book and in prayer. I want to invite all of you tonight to read the Book of Mormon. If you don’t know where, read Moroni 10:3-5, it’s the classic. Read the book and most importantly pray after. With a sincere heart, real intent and have faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be able to feel the love of God and know the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon for yourself. I love this work so much. I am so grateful to know I have a Father above that loves me more than I can imagine. I am so grateful for the scriptures that help me everyday. They give me comfort and knowledge. Last but not least I am so grateful for the power and gift of prayer. How amazing is it that we can talk with our God whenever we want and about whatever we want? He is my best friend and my loving Father in Heaven.

Love, Elder Herman

Pizza at the top of a slide.
Estados Unidos = United States


 






No comments:

Post a Comment