Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Great Start (Week 9 in Mexico, 15 overall)

Elder Passeri and Elder Herman
     This week started off great! We had intercambios with our Zone Leaders and I was with Elder Passeri, my freaking favorite missionary! He is from Argentina and is hilarious! First off this guy is a legend. He finished his training in 6 weeks, then right after trained and was district leader and he only had 6 weeks in the mission field! Then 2 changes later he started being our zone leader! He only has 6 months in the mission! So ya I had a good time with him, haha. We were contacting people in the street and we played a game that one person would pick a word and the other had to use that word while contacting. Haha. The best one was tacos. So we were talking to this guy about tacos and relating it to the Gospel and honestly it was one of our best contacts! The person was interested and we got in a couple laughs with him! Other than this day, this week was pretty rough. Everyone cancelled on us and we didn’t have too much success! But I am finding ways to stay positive, and growing everyday!  :) Also the Spanish is coming along great! Still don’t understand everything obviously, but man it’s getting there! 

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      Ok this week I want to talk about 1 Nephi chapter 18. The chapter is gold! This is when Nephi and his family arrive in the promised land and there are so many lessons that could be learned by this chapter. In verse 1 it says “And the Lord did show me from time to time after what manner I should work the timbers of the ship.” The Lord will show us how to work our timbers in our own lives. Verse 2 ”Now I Nephi did not work the timbers after the manner which was learned by men, neither did I build the ship after the manner of men, but I did build it after the manner which the Lord had shown unto me.” The Lord will show us what we need to do but we need to follow his manner and not the manner of men. This can apply to everyone and every situation! Build your lives the way the Lord has shown us! If you don’t know what or where to go or of what manner you should build your ship, verse 3 ”And I, Nephi did go into the mount oft, and I did pray oft unto the Lord; wherefore the Lord showed unto me great things.” Man these are just the first 3 verses! I could go on more and we could learn more lessons but I’ll let you guys do that later in your scripture studies. J If we pray and look for the guidance of the Lord we will find it. Then once we find it we have to have the faith to act in His manner and not the manner of man, which is the enemy of the Lord!

Love, Elder Herman


Look at that Mt. Dew Voltage!  Mom learned how to send good things without breaking the bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment