Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Man What a Week! (Week 17)



Happy Mother's Day love from Elder Herman!!
      This week was bien loca. But first I wanna tell all my many mothers out there that I love you all and Happy Mothers Day yesterday! My mom says it had to take more than one mom to get me to where I am today, so thank you all you’re all amazing! Alright so here’s my week. Saturday we had a baptism for Hermana Laura Oyuki! It was very special and I felt the Spirit a ton! I was a witness and almost started crying the Spirit was so strong! It was such an amazing experience, and also her confirmation. Pure joy! J Then we also set 2 new baptismal dates, which I am very excited for, but we still gotta work with them a lot! This week was really productive! Also I bought a sombrero that I freaking love! I kinda look like a Jehovah's Witness but it’s all good. Haha, especially cause now we can knock on doors (which I love) so I am kinda acting like one too, just in the right way. J Also a bird pooped on me but luckily just got my hand and then some transgenders were hitting on me. Definitely shook me up a little haha.. Very adventurous week I’d say!

Spiritual Thought Of The Week

     Alright I studied a talk thingy on lds.org the other day called “Why It Will All Work Out”, man I love this topic! So get ready for a bunch of great quotes by the optimistic Gordon B. Hinckley! “Stop seeking out storms and enjoy more fully the sunlight.” Also it talks about Faith. Sometimes life requires us to take a leap of faith. The requirement for faith is that we act first. First we act then the power comes. If your trust in the Lord is firm you will be able to conquer the fears that this life brings. “If you do your best, it will all work out. Put your trust in God, and move forward with faith and confidence in the future. The Lord will not forsake us.” Gordon B. Hinckley. Also we need to see the long view. When we see life with the long view none of our fears that we deal with in mortality should feel unconquerable. “It isn’t as bad as you sometimes think it is. It all works out. Don’t worry. I say that to myself every morning.” Once again Gordon B. Hinckley. Realmente puedo testificar sobre estas palabras. We will always have challenges in our lives but if we have faith that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us, He will not forsake us. He will always be there to support us! Heaven is cheering us on today, tomorrow, and forever! No failure is final because of Jesus Christ.  Love you all thank you so much for your support!

                Con Amor, Elder Herman


First Baptism!!


Lookin' good!


Be careful, 'cuz you know it's not true!!

No comments:

Post a Comment