Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Milagro (Miracle - Week 8 in Mexico, 14 Overall)

     This week was good! Man, coolest thing happened Tuesday. So we were out working, ya know like missionaries do, and it started raining, then it started pouring. I was the only one with an umbrella and we had 2 other members with us. So we were waiting under some cover and I was like man what are we gonna do? And my comp said we were gonna wait it out. Man who knows how long this could go on, we could be here all night. So I decided to pray, cause my awesome teacher in the MTC, Hermano Kartchner, told us a story like this. So we all huddled up and I said a prayer that we could get home and get umbrellas for everyone in peace and that the rain could slow down. In the middle of my prayer it was like the rain hit a wall literally, craziest thing. Then as we were walking home it was just sprinkling! So cool! Then during the week we set a new baptismal date. Her name is Laura and she already had a baptismal date but she had a baby on that day.. so we had to wait haha.
                               
Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      Well since I had this experience with the rain I’m gonna talk about the power of faith. “Yea, and how is it that ye have forgotten that the Lord is able to do all things according to his will, for the children of men, if it so be that they exercise faith in him? Wherefore, let us be faithful to him” 1 Nephi 7:12 The Lord is able to do all things according to His will. He is all powerful if we have faith. Moroni 10:7 says “wherefore  I would exhort you that ye deny not the power of God; for he worketh by power, according to the faith of the children of men, the same today and tomorrow, and forever.” Something that gets my attention with this is that it is the same today, tomorrow and forever. Think of all the stories in the Bible and The Book of Mormon. All the miracles the people had. Well I think they had a ton of faith and through that they had the power of God. If we can build our faith everyday we can see the power of God in our lives. The power of God is still the same as it was 20000 years ago. How cool is that? We just need to work on having more faith! Man, I know this is true with all my heart. I know God watches out for every one of us and wants us to succeed and grow. I am so grateful to be a missionary and I’m so grateful for everyone who supports me. Love you all and hope you have a good faithful week.  J

                Love, Elder Herman  

No comments:

Post a Comment