Thursday, April 20, 2017

Stay Close to the Spirit (Week 7 in Mexico, 13 Overall)

Elder Herman reppin' the "O", and super short hair!
Hellooooo Family and Friendsss! This week was good! First off, I got asked if I was in the Army before my mission, cause ya know I’m huge. Then later I got told I look like John Cena! So ya, you could say I’m feeling pretty good! Also we had 2 investigators at church! Man I wasn’t expecting them. It was Jose Navarete and his daughter. We have been teaching them for 7 weeks now. Haha. Before they were scared to go to church cause they saw something about Mormons sacrificing old guys…Ya.. don’t know where they saw that, but man it was awesome to see them at church!

 Spiritual Thought Of The Week
                Ok so this week I’d like to talk about El Espiritu Santo, the Holy Ghost! I read a talk by Gary E. Stevenson from this conference called “How Does The Holy Ghost Help You?” I think this is a great question because, I don’t know about you guys, but in my life I take the Holy Ghost for granted sometimes. There are 3 things we know about the Holy Ghost: He is the 3rd member of the God Head. He is a personage of Spirit. And he comes by the laying on of hands or confirmation. These are 3 great points that we all know. The first one is amazing. HE IS PART OF THE GOD HEAD! Do you know how cool that is! He is God's messenger that we always have with us through Baptism! The second one is He is a spirit. If He was not a spirit He could not dwell in us. He talks to us through our spirit. See 1 Corinthians 2:10-13, verse 11 says “For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of a man which is in him? Even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the spirit of God, verse 12: Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God: that we might know the things that are freely given to us by God.” WE HAVE RECEIVED THE SPIRIT OF GOD!! Man this is such a great gift for us. When you actually think about the Holy Ghost it is mind blowing. And to think we can have it with us forever. For God so loved the world he gave his Holy Spirit to them to guide, comfort, and testify of the truth. Haha, little mix up of scripture right there, but man it’s true! We have a constant companion with us because God loves us and wants us to succeed. “Stay close to the Spirit and the Spirit will stay close to you:" Other scriptures from this talk that are cool are John 14:16 and John 15:26. Man how blessed are we! I’m so grateful to have the Holy Ghost in my life to guide me, comfort me, and testify to me that I have a loving Heavenly Father and He wants me to succeed. I hope we can all listen to the Holy Ghost more in our lives. I know we will all benefit from doing so.

 Love, Elder Herman
Zone Conference

    


No comments:

Post a Comment