Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Way Good (Week 6 in Mexico, 12 overall)

Elder Buhler & Elder Herman
      This week was way good! Man I’m so grateful to be a missionary! How cool is that, I’m a freaking missionary! The work just keeps getting better and better and I love it! We set 2 new baptismal dates! First one was with another American (missionary) cause we had exchanges with another area. Fun fact, both of us only have 6 weeks here! But we survived, which is crazy! Haha, I was thinking how crazy it is that 2 19 year olds could be in a different country speaking another language and survive with only 6 weeks in the country! But ya, we set a baptismal date with a young man named Cristian! He is the first person I have set a baptismal date with! He is super pumped and so am I! Then the next day we set another baptismal date with an older man named Jose! Lol. This one day we taught 3 people who are named Jose! I must be in Mexico! So ya this week was way good, I truly see the work going so much better and it’s a lot easier to have a good time when that is happening! Also our whole District/Zone went to a baptism this Saturday and it was so awesome! We sang “Families Can Be Together Forever” and it was so powerful we had a couple people crying!

Spiritual Thought
       Alrighty so during this week I read the talk that President Uchtdorf gave in this conference, “Perfect Love Casteth Out Fear.” Something us as missionaries try to do is help other people truly feel of God's love. So I loved this! Something I really like about this talk is it says “God is on our side. He loves us, and when we stumble, he wants us to rise up, try again, and become stronger.” We are going to have stumbles in this life but we need to rise up, try again, and most importantly, I think, is become stronger! There is always room for improvement! 
1 John 4:18 says “There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear.” Do you have a perfect love for God? Because if you do you should not fear! He is all knowing and all powerful! Another scripture for ya’ll Deuteronomy 31:6 “Be strong and of a good courage, fear not nor be afraid of them: For the Lord thy God, He it is that doth go with thee, HE WILL NOT FAIL THEE, NOR FORSAKE THEE.” How comforting is this! Our God is with us and He will not fail us! Therefore we should have a perfect love in Him and it will cast out any fear or doubt we will ever have! Man I love that! And I know this is true. I have seen it in my life so many times. I know our Heavenly Father has created a perfect plan for us to grow stronger and stronger each day and I know He is always there for us to help us in our daily life, no matter what we have going on. He is a perfect father who will let us stumble but won’t let us fall too far, if we look to Him for help and have a perfect love in Him.

Love, Elder Herman
Baptism!

No comments:

Post a Comment