Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Baptism! (Week 23)

Elder Wegner, Dany, and Elder Herman at Dany's baptism.
      This week was good. A couple let downs though. L So the family Angeles Rosales said they weren’t ready for baptism yet so we need to work with them. But we weren’t able to talk to them much after they said they weren’t ready and then they didn’t go to church. L But the good news is that Dany got baptized and confirmed! It was a very good experience. She gave her testimony at the end and it was awesome. Makes me really happy to see someone make the decision to be baptized and enter into the Kingdom of God! Also had a cool experience with another investigator his name is Ceaser. His mom contacted some missionaries cause she wants to have a better family. Her son (Ceaser) does drugs and she wants to fix everything. Last week we went and picked up Ceaser and kinda made him come to church, haha. He really liked it but when we visited him this week he was talking to us crying saying something has changed. Right after church his wife, who he hadn’t talked to in a long time, called him. Their daughter has been having some health issues and they thought she might die, but Sunday after church she called and said their daughter was going to be ok! I have seen a change in him. It is amazing to see the gospel working in peoples lives!

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      On this weeks special of “Spiritual Thought Of The Week” I’d like to talk a little bit about the amazing gift of prayer and gratitude. Prayer is something so simple but so powerful. We can talk with our Heavenly Father about anything. He is always there for us no matter what the situation, no matter what person. Every one of us are children of God.  He wants to hear from us, and he will bless us when we talk to him! Something muy importante is that we are grateful. Gratitude is the attitude! I have seen in my life that when I pray and I thank God for everything I realize how blessed I am and I am much happier! Just like the Hymn says “Count your many blessings name them one by one, And it will surprise you what the Lord has done!” This is so well said! We also often hear the quote “You don’t know what you got until it’s gone” well if we count our blessings and show gratitude now we will truly know what we have while it’s still here! I honestly think that this is what makes a happy person. Gratitude is the attitude. We all know that when someone isn’t grateful for something we don’t want to give them anything else. Well I’m sure it’s the same for God. But when we are grateful God will want to bless us more! And then we will have more to be grateful for! How great is that. When we are sad we can count our many blessings and I promise that when you do that you won’t be too sad anymore. You will see the hand of the Lord in your life. But remember to be grateful on the rainy days AND the sunny days! This will bless your life so much I know it with all my heart! I am so grateful for every one of you and for all your support! I am also so very grateful for my opportunity to be a representative of Jesus Christ and learn and experience new things every day! I am grateful for every trial I have passed through to make me stronger in my testimony and as a person. Last but not least I am so grateful for the Gospel. It truly is the answer to everything!

Con Amor, Elder Herman 



Happy baptism day for Dany with Elder Wegner and Elder Herman!

Celebrating Dany's baptism with family and Elder Wegner and Elder Herman!

No comments:

Post a Comment