Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Cambios - Transfers (Week 25)

Saying Goodbye to Elder Wegner.
Elder Wegner, Daniela, Dany, Anna, Elder Herman,
and a cute little girl (I don't know her name).
      This week was good. A Little tough with cambios (transfers) but for the better. My new comp is Elder Ortiz from Colombia he doesn’t speak English so my Spanish is getting real good. J We don’t talk much 'cause we don’t have much in common. Every Latino loves anime and that’s about it so it’s kinda hard to start conversations. But he does like to cook so that is good! We set a baptismal date for a new family we found and they are excited to be baptized and be members of the church! Also, Daniela is really preparing for her baptism which is awesome! She has a lot of support! (Daniela is the mom of the girl Elder Herman baptized a few weeks ago, Dany.) 

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      Ok so with cambios and everything it has been kinda hard. I kept thinking to myself, “Why am I not happy? My life is the gospel and that is happiness right?” But then I realized, just 'cause I’m a missionary doesn’t mean I am immune to hard times! I’m still human, I am still on this earth to learn and grow. If we didn’t have challenges here how could we become the people the Lord needs us to be! I thought “The Lord needs me to be better.” There has to be tests so I can progress! This week I understood the great Plan of Salvation that God has for us! We know it’s not going to be easy. We want to return to live with our Heavenly Father we need to prepare ourselves! My mindset and understanding of life has changed this last week. I am so grateful for opportunities like these! Also something I found that I love is in Hebrews 12:1 it says, “Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God”. Jesus endured the cross by focusing on the joy to come! This made me go to my Patriarchal Blessing and look for the things that it promises me. I looked for my joy to come in this world and in the next world. Now I can do as Jesus did. I can endure this life by focusing on the joy to come! I want to invite all of you to do the same! Study your Patriarchal Blessing and find all the joy that the Lord has promised to you if you are obedient! I am so grateful to be a missionary and to learn and grow as God wants me to! I love you all thanks for the support!

Con Amor Elder Herman



Elder Ortiz and Elder Herman

Showing off the mountains from home on his planner, along with his name tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment