Tuesday, December 19, 2017

It's Not Beginning To Look Like Christmas (Week 48)

Food and Fun!

      This week some cool things happened. So first there is an awesome family here that takes care us of real well! Their daughter just got back from a mission and they said they didn’t have enough money for a Christmas tree this year, and they are super festive! So Monday night we went and bought them a tree and surprised them with it, it was super cool! I LOVE CHRISTMAS. Me and Elder Hernandez have progressed a lot together and are getting closer so that’s good. We found an amazing family who is really prepared. I hope they progress! The Dad says he wants to find God and he contacted other missionaries. When we were teaching them he also got chills so we explained it was the Holy Ghost and then invited him to be baptized. They accepted and the lesson was very powerful! I love being a missionary! Also changes are tomorrow, but we are staying the same here in Chilpa! I’ll have 6 months here and I am so excited!

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      Man I love life. It is super hard but I am so grateful I understand why I am here. We are here to progress, to be tested, and to have joy! I like the scripture in 3 Nephi 12:48 a lot. It says “Therefore I would that ye should be perfect even as I, or your Father who is in heaven is perfect”. That is the goal, to become perfect. We will never reach perfection here on this earth, but we must try! We  must progress. It makes life fun! It makes life a challenge! But most of all it makes life worth it. I like to think about an ice sculpture. You start with a big ol block of ice. Its ugly. Then you start chipping away and making it pretty. We are like the ice and God is the sculptor. He gives us tests to break off chunks so one day we can be an amazing, perfect, ice sculpture! But its not easy. We always have to be reading the scriptures and finding things to get better at. We need to repent and grow. I really love this life and I love the Plan of Salvation and am so grateful to have this knowledge! I love you all so much, keep on pushing on!

Con Amor, Elder Herman


Sharing Christmas!

The Missionaries.


No comments:

Post a Comment