Monday, April 30, 2018

Ups and Downs (Week 67)


      Well.. got some bad news the other day…Lucero sent us a text saying that her parents aren't going to let her get baptized and that she had to drop everything….So thats really sad and tough. We feel so bad for Lucero cause she is sad that she won't be able to get baptized. But we prayed a lot for her and her parents and yesterday we ran into them in the street, haha. They stopped and talked to us and we got to put another appointment to see what happened. So that was disappointing, but we are hopeful! Then Omar was going to get baptized next weekend also, but he says he's still not ready and wants to talk to his mom about it all.. So it was kinda a rough week, haha, but all is well!

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      Something I have learned on the misión is that we must accept the Fathers will. Many times we find ourselves, in our lives, disappointed because things don’t always go our way, then we get upset. If we could learn to accept Gods will, and if we could completely understand that what he has planned for us is much better than we could ever imagine, we would live life much happier. We will always have our expectations, hopes and dreams. But we need to put those to one side and think about what God wants for us and what God has prepared for us. As I have been able to do this I have been able to see more clearly why I am going through trials. I can see what God is trying to teach me. I can see farther than just the now and see the way that God is making me a better person. When we accept the will of God we are at peace and we are comforted. We all must go through trials so that one day we can be perfect and have the same glory as our Heavenly Father. It is not a cheap experience, but it is worth it. I love the example that Jesus gives us of accepting the will of God while he was suffering in Gethsemane in Luke 22:42 “Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.” And also in John 5:30 “I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgement is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.” As we follow the example of Jesus Christ, and realize that we can do nothing ourselves, and accept the will of the Father we will be happier. I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!

Con Amor, Elder Herman



No comments:

Post a Comment