Monday, April 2, 2018

The Lord is Hastening His Work (Week 63)

What a great weekend of General Conference. Also...we got to see Coco! The 70 wanted all the missionaries to see it so we could use it in our teaching. Man what a great movie! It was really cool comparing it to the góspel truths we know. It shows how there is a spirit world, a Paradise where they are happy and remembered and a spiritual prison where they are getting forgotten. It shows us the great importance we have to do family history and temple work. And one of the most important is that families can be together forever! I loved the movie, it was great! And I will use it a lot here on my misión. Also General Conference, wow! A lot of changes. I love how the Lord is hastening his work in its time. Man I love being a part of the true church of Jesus Christ.


Spiritual Thought Of The Week
Where do I start. I guess I’d just like to share some parts of the conference that called my attention. I liked the talk by Lynn G. Robins that talked a little about failure. Failure is a key ingredient to success. He used some examples, like when someone is learning something new, like playing the piano and learning a language, they mess up a lot. It is part of learning. He talked about how when we fail we must not lose enthusiasm, and that is so important in this life! When we fail we must repent and not lose the enthusiasm, we must understand that failure is not the end and it is part of our progress. I also really liked Larry Y. Wilsons talk about the typhoon and how the man prayed and asked what he could do instead of a normal prayer that we usually do and just ask God to fix it all. This example made me think a lot about how we are really instruments in the Lords hands and must act for him sometimes. Many times we can be the answer to someones prayer and God works miracles through us. But many times we also just pray that God will do it all or that someone else will do it. And our great Prophet Russell M. Nelson talked about personal revelation. Something that really stuck out to me was that after we pray and look for guidance we need to give time to listen to our Father, and even write down answers we receive. Thats something I want to start doing! Writing down my revelation more so I can be an instrument in the Lords hands and act. There were so many great talks and I can’t wait to study them more and apply them in my life! I hope you all had a chance to see conference and receive revelation. We are so blessed to have a Prophet in these days to guide and lead us. Our Prophet knows the way back to our Heavenly Father, we must follow him! I love this church so much! I love our dear Prophet Russell M. Nelson and every Messenger that God has sent us to guide us towards Him! I love the misión and I love life! Have a great week and remember to apply what the Prophets and Apostles have taught us in your lives!
Con Amor, Elder Herman



No comments:

Post a Comment