Thursday, March 29, 2018

Shoot for the Stars (Week 62)

      Another great week down. This week was really fun! Monday night we were walking and there was a drunk guy on the sidewalk and he asked us if he could change. We went and sat by his side and started talking about Jesus Christ. It was kinda sad cause he was saying some crazy stuff and he doesn’t have the same knowledge as we do in Jesus Christ. So we testified to him a lot but he was really drunk, haha. And turns out right before we got there he said a prayer and asked God to send him help, and then we showed up! Then the next day we went to visit him and he didn’t think we really were gonna come, haha. So we talked to him and he committed to go to church with us! Then Saturday we went to visit him again and he said he wasn’t going to change.. So that was really sad and disappointing. Some people just aren’t willing to give up worldly things for eternal things. It makes me sad. Then we had a great Zone Conference and we focused a lot on faith. I remembered a quote I tweeted back in the day that I like a lot “Shoot for the stars and if you miss you’ll get to the moon”. We are gonna be working on our faith to see more miracles in missionary work here in Prados. This Sunday was good, we had a lot at church! There are a couple that are progressing really well so we will be hoping for some baptisms in April!

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      This week I was able to increase my faith and really see the Lord help us in his work. There is a scripture in 2 Nefph 32:9 “But behold, I say unto you that ye must pray always, and not faint; that ye must not perform any thing unto the Lord save in the first place ye shall pray unto the Father in the name of Christ, that he will consecrate thy performance unto thee, that thy performance may be for the welfare of thy soul.” As I have set daily, weekly and monthly goals in my misión and prayed to our Heavenly Father to help me, I have seen that if it is His will He answers my prayers and helps me achieve what I need to. It is so important that we counsel with God. A lot of times in our lives we have questions, or we want help making a decisións and, a lot of times, we forget to ask God what He thinks. I also love the scriptures in Alma 37:37-47 Our Heavenly Father is always waiting for us to talk to Him and to ask Him so that He can bless us, we just have to ask! It’s easier than we think sometimes. The power of faithful prayer is incredible. I know that God answers our prayers and helps us when we let Him. Sometimes we are the ones making it so that He can’t help us because we forget to pray and ask Him. I know that this is the true church of Jesus Christ, I know because it makes me SO happy and feel so loved. I know that we have a loving Father that is all powerful and wants to help us. Prayer has been so important in my life and I love being able to communicate with my Father in Heaven. Sharing this góspel makes me so happy! I love being a missionary so much! I know that Jesus is the Christ, the Redeemer and Savior of the world! And my best friend. J I love you all, thanks for all the support! Remember to do simple better!
Con Amor, Elder Herman





No comments:

Post a Comment