Saturday, January 27, 2018

1 Ano! (Week 53)

Celebrating one year of missionary service by burning ties and writing on a white shirt!
Look at that happy face!!
      Wow. It’s official! I have been out 1 year! One whole year of eating eggs every breakfast, being away from my family, friends, sports, getting rejected, using the same clothes, being out of my country, talking a new language, and just living life up as a missionary! I love being a missionary and being able to put on my name tag everyday as a representative of Jesus Christ. It sure has been a crazy experience and I wouldn’t change it for anything! I never thought I could progress in life so quickly! I love being a missionary! So I burned some ties and wrote on a shirt to celebrate. This week has been kinda long honestly. The sun has been beating down and killing us. We worked a ton and found some awesome people, but not many showed up to church, so that was a bummer, but we will get them next week! We also got to have an activity with President 'cause our District achieved the standard for new investigators found, so we went bowling. It was super fun!

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      Well with one year down as a missionary I think one of the biggest things I can take so far is that we have to have tests to progress. There was a point in my mission where I was a little down and wondered why I wasn’t happy. I thought to myself “I’m a missionary, I live the gospel everyday, it is my life! Aren’t I supposed to be happy when I am living the gospel?” Then I quickly realized that I am a child of God and came to this world to be tested. Abraham 3:25 “And we will prove them herewith, to see if they will do all things whatsoever the Lord their God shall command them.” And if we don’t have trials we can’t prove ourselves. It’s like a tryout. You have to be tested in many things, not just your specialty or easy things. You have to prove yourself. We also have to have trials so we can see where we are at in life and to be humbled. Every trial is an opportunity to progress. It is also an opportunity to measure ourselves. To see if we really have obtained more patience, or faith, or anything. We can find weaknesses and make them strengths through humility. I am so grateful that my mission hasn’t been easy. I am also grateful my life hasn’t been easy. It has given me so many opportunities to become more like Christ and to be able to help others when they are in hard times. I love this gospel so much and I know that when we live and understand the gospel we are happy. I love you all, thanks for the support!

Con Mucho Amor, Elder Herman


Happy about being a missionary for one year!


Bowling with the Mission President and Elders in the District.

No comments:

Post a Comment