Thursday, January 4, 2018

One of the Best, Hardest Years of My Life (Week 50)

      Wow, wow, wow, how crazy 2017 is over! This year has been one of the best, hardest years of my life! In 2017 I left my family, friends, and home for 2 years to serve the Lord here in Mexico! And man it has been a crazy ride. I have become familiar with a new country, learned a new language, and the best part, I have grown so close to my Heavenly Father. I have had the best time of my life helping other people come unto Christ. I have been pulled out of my comfort zone and have relied on Christ more than ever and I testify that he does live and loves every one of us. I am so grateful for all the ups and downs of 2017 to help me be a better man and an instrument in the Lords hands. I have met many amazing people and seen lives being changed by the true restored gospel of Jesus Christ. This year has been tough. It has been a time of tests and challenges and a time of improvement. I can never thank God enough for the life and opportunities He has given me. Also some achievements of the year. Haha, I used the same toothpaste, shaving cream, shampoo and soap the whole year! Making everything last baby! Also the other day I was wrestling with my comp and got a rug burn on my eye..whoops!

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      Well the Bishop here sent me a text Sunday morning to see if I could give a talk. He asked if I could speak on the Plan of Salvation. It is honestly my favorite thing to talk about. I love being able to know this great plan that God has given us. We need to always remember that our purpose here on this Earth is to be tested and to progress, with the goal to return to live with our Heavenly Father again. Our Father in Heaven shares the same goal as us. He wants us to return to His presence. We accepted this plan and are now in the time of trials. When we talk about the eternal life we need to remember we are already in the second stage of this life. We have already passed through the pre earth life. We must prepare to meet God again and now is a perfect time to be setting goals and seeing what more we need to do in this life. What do I lack? We must help God so He can help us. Set goals and later show them to God so he can help you achieve them. Just like the Brother of Jared did. He had a problem and asked the Lord what to do and the Lord said “What will ye that I should do that ye may have light in your vessels?” God wanted him to figure it out. He wanted a plan and then the Lord would do his part. The Brother of Jared went and prepared stones and asked the Lord to touch them so they could have light in their vessels. That is what we must do. We must present God with a plan and He will later give us light in our vessels! I love you all so much, thanks for everything! QUE TENGAN UN PROSPERO AñO!!
               
Con Amor, Elder Herman

No comments:

Post a Comment