Monday, January 29, 2018

A New Challenge (Week 54)

Elder Hernandez and Elder Herman
      This week was pretty good. I felt the spirit a lot. I have been focusing a lot on bearing my testimony and promising blessings and it has helped me a lot to feel the spirit more. This week has kinda been a week of goodbyes cause everyone knew I was gonna leave, and I am. I am going to Prados! It’s the most dangerous Zone. There are only Elders and they always get robbed. I am really excited! I am going to open the area again and I’ll be with Elder Passeri, from Argentina, as a Zone Leader and District Leader. Elder Passeri was my Zone Leader when I got to the mission field and he is one of my favorite missionaries. He is super funny and I am really excited to be with him! I’ll miss Chilpa for sure. I have been here a fourth of my mission and I love the ward a lot. I am ready for a change and ready for the new challenges!




 Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      This week I would like to talk about the power of a testimony. It is so important that we can gain our own testimony that God is our loving Heavenly Father who wants the best for us. And has sent us a big brother in Jesus Christ who paid for our sins so we can repent and progress in this life. And who died and was resurrected so we too can overcome death. Also in Joseph Smith, that he really did see God the Father and Jesus Christ in a vision and that he restored the same church that Jesus established. And that through the power of God, Joseph Smith could translate the Book of Mormon, so we have a proof that he really was a man called of God and has given us more knowledge about the Gospel. If we have a testimony of these things we can be firm in the gospel and find happiness in this life and in the life to come. But just gaining a testimony isn’t enough, we must share our testimonies frequently with everyone! The best way to grow a testimony is to share it. That’s why I love that we have time every fast Sunday to share our testimonies at church. It is a time where we can grow the testimony we already have. I am so blessed to be a full time missionary and testify everyday! But you don’t have to be a missionary to testify. My challenge for you all is that you can share your testimony as much as you can. You can go up and talk this fast Sunday and post a testimony on social media and help others around you that might be struggling with their own testimony, and help your own at the same time. I hope you can all post something little for all to see and to share the gospel! I promise that if you do you will be filled with happiness and the love of the Lord, because you are testifying of him. We have so many opportunities everyday to serve our God by serving his children. I love you all so much and I love being a missionary! Que tengan una Buena semana! Les amo!

Con Amor, Elder Herman





No comments:

Post a Comment