Monday, September 4, 2017

Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite (Week 33)

Bed bugs and itching for over a week
can't get Elder Herman down!
      Wow what a week! Haha. So my birthday was Wednesday, it was a good day kinda, haha, not really but a good experience! So remember the “rash” I had last week. Well we found out I had bedbugs in my bed and they were just eating me alive…Honestly I didn’t think those things were real, but from now on I am going to take the saying “don’t let the bedbugs bite” more seriously because, trust me, its not a fun time! This week we had the opportunity to have a 70, Elder Pino, at our Zone Conference. It was awesome! I learned a lot and got reminded of how blessed I am to be a missionary! Also we had an awesome experience again! So we were knocking on doors pretty much all day, and earlier was tough, no one listened to us and just rejected us. Haha someone even threw trash in my face. But we just kept on knockin' and we found someone that listened to us! They even let us in!!! So we were talking and she said she normally wouldn’t have listened to us but her dad is a member and about 4 days earlier her dad told her that if “Elderes” knocked on her door to listen to them. So theres the first wow. Then we kept talking and she said that the night before she had prayed to know if God was really with her and if He would give her an answer. Boom next day we show up! So the second wow. Then during the week we had another appointment with her and she had read and prayed and she committed to a date and she came to church with us! Third wow. WOW! So amazing! This is the Lords work!

Spiritual Thought Of the Week
      Well opening the area and not having much to do and not knowing many people, we have had to do the work in the streets and knocking doors. It has been tough. But I have definitely seen the hand of the Lord in His work! Usually the days are way tough and no one listens to us and we are exhausted from just walking all day and a little discouraged cause no one listens to us. But I have seen every day, when we keep trying and trying the Lord gives us something to be excited about. God wants us to be happy, He also wants us to work. Just like any Father, He wants us to succeed, but He wants us to learn. You could say my Dad's pretty Christ-like cause he has always made me “figure it out” and because of that I have learned how to do a lot of things, but one of the best lessons I have learned from that is I have learned how to work. And it is the same with our Heavenly Father. He doesn’t want His kids to be lazy and not do anything. He wants us to “figure it out” and the best way to figuring things out is on your knees in prayer and then getting to work. But it’s also easy to get to work, but what happens when something doesn’t go our way? Well we need to keep working to figure it out and God will bless us for our efforts! I love this work so much it is hard but so worth it and I love every hard time because I learn so much! I love you all Siga adelante y cuidado con los chinches  (Go ahead and watch out for bedbugs)

Les Quiero Muchisimo! 
Elder Herman 



Bed bugs are "no bueno"!



No comments:

Post a Comment