Monday, September 25, 2017

Earthquake! (Week 36)



Mexico City Temple trip...and earthquake experience!
      Ok so I had one of the craziest things in my life happen this week. First off we went to the temple! And while we were half way done with the session the building started to move. So we were like, whoa, what’s going on, then boom, the temple was going crazy and we were holding on for our lives! We were in Mexico City when the earthquake hit! It was so crazy! The chandeliers were swinging all over the place and we thought they were going to fall on us and then the lights went out and we were just on the ride of a lifetime. But luckily the temple is made very well and nothing happened. But the earthquake did do a lot of damage and a lot of buildings collapsed so that is really sad. Our mission didn’t get affected, but we have heard that there are a lot of people without homes and it’s a hard time here in Mexico. And then the next day at a district meeting my camera got robbed Oh and we have cambios (transfers) tomorrow and I am going to be staying in Chilpa and training! So I am excited for what the mish has in store for me!

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
       This Sunday I had the opportunity to give a talk in sacrament meeting. My companion talked about the Second Coming so I decided to talk about the Judgment and Repentance. The Judgment is something really important that we understand. In Alma 12:24 it says that we are in a state of probation, a time to prepare to meet God. We are just being tested here on Earth and after we die and are resurrected we will be brought to be judged. In Alma 12: 14 and 15 that says we will be condemned for our words, works, and our thoughts. We need to be careful what we think cause our thoughts turn into words and our words turn into works. Luckily we have the gift that we can repent. Thanks to Jesus Christ our Redeemer we can repent of all things. We can ask for forgiveness and change. Then in Isaiah 43:25 “I, even I, am he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins”. We have the opportunity to repent of our sins and the Lord will remember them no more. We can be pure to enter into the Kingdom of God. And if we are faithful and repent we will be able to live in the Celestial Kingdom. If you could, read Doctrine and Covenants 76:51-70. It talks about what this Kingdom will be like. We will be in the presence of God and Christ, we will overcome all things. It helps me to know why I am here and what I can achieve. I am here to be tested, it is a challenge and if I endure well I will be living with my Heavenly Father in his Kingdom for all eternity! It’s worth it! I hope we all have our eye on the Celestial Kingdom so we can be with our families forever! I love you all. Have a great week and pay attention in conference!

Love, Elder Herman 






No comments:

Post a Comment