Monday, October 23, 2017

God is Good (Week 40)

Elder Wooten & Elder Herman
      Wow folks what a week! Started off with intercambios in Mira Azul. It’s a pretty cool area! I was with Elder Wooten and we got to find some pretty cool people. Best part is that there is a street called “Calle de Hambre” there’s just a ton of food all along the street, it’s amazing! But a couple days ago we got to see a miracle! So in the morning I said a prayer to find someone in a yellow house. We went knocking on doors and had a little bit of success but not too much. Then we needed to leave, but I saw a yellow house at the end of the street. So I went to it and the door was open and it was a papeleria (stationary shop) so I walked in and talked to the people then just started preaching! It was a daughter and her mom. The daughter seemed interested but the mom not so much, but later we found out that the mom is friends with Rosa Maria! So we talked about that and told her to talk to Rosa Maria about our message! And she opened up a ton. Then leaving she gave us a soda. Our Heavenly Father answers prayers when we pray with faith and do our part! I have seen it time and time again here on the mission! Also the progress of Rosa Maria and her daughter Laura is going great! They both came to church and loved it! The only problem is that Laura isn’t married but living with a man. So that makes it a little hard. But she’s figuring it out and the Lord will bless her! Also I got the opportunity to baptize an 8 year old kid! We found his mom in my first week here in the area. They were less actives but now they have been coming to church lately and the kid wanted to be baptized, but his Dad couldn’t do it so they asked me to. It was a very special baptism just to see the joy and excitement that was there!

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
       This week I would like to talk about the Holy Ghost. Something that is so amazing that we have. The 3rd member of the Godhead is given to us after baptism. That’s pretty dang cool! God communicates with us through the Holy Ghost because it is a spirit and can enter into our bodies. On the mission I have come to know the spirit pretty well, but I would like to know him more! It is amazing to see the miracles you see when you follow the spirit. The spirit has many functions. One thing I have come to love is that the spirit is a comforter. In life we need some comfort a lot! When I have felt discouraged or lonely or anything I know I can pray to my Father In Heaven and he will send me his comforter. John 14:16 “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;” After baptism we receive the gift of the Holy Ghost and also when we partake of the Sacrament we are promised that we will have the spirit to be with us. God loves us so much he gave us a God to dwell inside of us! Man I love this gospel so much! I am so grateful to be a missionary and to help other people come unto Christ. I especially love all the chances I have to become more like our Savior and Redeemer Jesus Christ. I love you all so much,  que tengan una bonita semana! (Have a nice week.)

Con Amor, Elder Herman

After the baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment