Monday, October 16, 2017

Time's Flying (Week 39)

Elder Herman playing catch for the first time in 9 months.
      What a week! Started off great. So on Tuesday we went with an investigator named Carla. She is awesome and has been telling us she would go to church for a couple weeks now. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she was so interested and happy. She accepted a baptismal date and then came to church yesterday wahoo! Then later the most powerful experience of my life. We went with Rosa Maria and her family. Rosa went to church last Sunday and her daughter wanted to but couldn’t. They both read Moroni 10:3-5 and both prayed after. Laura, her daughter, was SO excited! Like literally she was so happy and smiley. She shared her experience how she prayed and after she felt something, but like really strong peace and said she has been feeling different since and a lot better! And her mom said she has seen a change in themselves and that after she prayed she had been feeling so much better from experiences that have happened and all. Her cousins died in the earthquake and she felt really bad, so she has been going to a psychologist. She was going to go yesterday cause she was feeling really bad, but then after her prayer she felt fine and ended up not going! I could see the spirit working in them. Right when we got there they were just so happy, I almost cried tears of joy! Experiences like this make all the rejections worth it! I love being a missionary! Haha. Also had a slumber party on the ground! But it’s not the same as sleeping on nice soft carpet, like at home, haha, the tile is pretty hard. Also a little tender mercy, I got to play catch today! First time in 9 months! Man how happy was I!  : ) 

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      Well from this experience I’d like to talk about the power of the Book of Mormon and prayer. I got converted through The Book of Mormon and prayer, and now seeing other people doing the same, and being able to help others, just makes me so happy. I know the Book of Mormon is the word of God and when we open it and read it everyday we have the spirit with us and we can know without a doubt that this is the true church by reading it and asking God. Just like it says in Moroni 10:3-5. I’d like to invite you all to read these 3 verses and ask God if this is true or not. Even if you already know it's true. I have done it a couple times and every time I do I am assured that I am in the true church of Jesus Christ. I love you all so much and I love missionary work! Cuidense mucho les quiero.  (Take care. I love you.) J

Love, Elder Herman


Sleeping on the hard tile floor.




No comments:

Post a Comment