Monday, October 30, 2017

Hola (Week 41)

      Well this week was good. We focused on Rosa Maria and her family a lot this week. She said she wanted to be baptized the 4th of November (this Saturday that’s coming up) but she didn’t go to church yesterday so she can’t get baptized until after Sunday. So that’s a bummer, but on the time of the Lord she will get baptized. But it’s super cool to be able to teach them, they are literally golden! They’ve had so many spiritual experiences and their lives have truly changed! It just makes me so grateful to be a missionary and be able to be an instrument in the Lord's hands. We have seen a lot of people start to progress so we are looking forward to this next month! I really love this area a lot, the members are awesome! Even though I think yesterday was the first time we started sacrament meeting on time, haha.

Spiritual Thought Of The Week
      This week I have been studying la caridad y amor (charity and love). These Christlike attributes are so important! Moroni 7:46 “Wherefore, my beloved brethren, if ye have not charity, ye are nothing, for charity never faileth” Here we see that if we don’t have charity, well, we are nothing. Charity is one of the most important things that Jesus taught us. The first commandment is to love one another, and charity is the pure love of Christ. In 1 Corinthians 13:4 it explains really well what charity is. “Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up” I think this scripture explains my mom perfectly. She has definitely suffered long when I was in the house being a crazy teenager, but has always been kind. I think the envieth not is really important also. I feel like my mom has always been happy with what she has. I am very grateful to have a mother who is full of charity! She has taught me by example all these years and hopefully I will be able to be charitable as she is and as Christ is. Les quiero mucho! Que les vaya bien esta semana! Exito! (I love you very much! Have a good one this week!)

Con Amor, Elder Herman



 







No comments:

Post a Comment